Friday, November 15, 2013

Digital Citizenship

Since my school is a 1:1 iPad school, it seems to be a forever challenging task of monitoring students and what they do on their iPads. All of my students know what a good citizen is, but none of them had ever heard of a digital citizen.  I know how important the topic is, so I have spent a lot of my class time and created my curriculum around it.

To start the year off,  I shared a few videos from the site www.nsteens.org and my students enjoyed the games later:)  After much discussion each group created a footprint and listed all the things that create their digital foot print. We then created the bulletin that hangs in our room as a daily reminder. I believe that with continued practice and knowledge students will be able to be good digital citizens, even when we are not watching.

This Bulletin board was a combination of several ideas I found on Pinterest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

21st century teachers and learners